The Ringwald Theatre is sounding a call for new, original one-act plays to be performed at their 5th annual Gay Play Series (GPS). The Detroit-area’s only GLBT short play festival is striving to provide early-career writers the opportunity to see their work produced, giving them what is oft-needed exposure.
The plays submitted should have a performance time of 30 minutes or less and deal directly with issues or characters that are identified as gay/lesbian/transgender, or contain a gay sensibility. From the initial submission pool, a final line up will be chosen by a panel of judges to be performed at The Ringwald Theatre in June, 2014, at the Fifth Annual Gay Play Series Festival.
From those performed, an audience poll will be conducted to select one winning script, actor, actress, and director.
- All submissions must be submitted electronically to: email@example.com
- The submitted script must be the script proposed for presentation, with no major alterations necessary.
- Please provide an approximate running time and a one sentence synopsis in the body of the email.
- Only one entry per playwright will be accepted.
- Neither fax nor paper submissions will be accepted.
- Submission materials will not be returned.
- Previously submitted scripts will not be eligible.
- The deadline for submissions is April 12, 2014 and the final line-up will be announced in May, 2014.
Posted on Fri, March 7, 2014
by Joe Plambeck filed under